Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Q & A: defending self


Question:
What are you defending when you’re defending yourself?

[Answers]:
"When I defend myself, I am defending my physical body as well as my dignity. I deserve physical and psychological safety, and someone who intends to violate that violates my body and mind. I defend myself because I deserve to feel empowered and to be able to make autonomous decisions about myself."

"My body, my right to say no, my right to be listened to"

"I’m defending my autonomy!"

"I think when I am defending myself, I am defending my freedom as a free spirit. I feel it's important to be allowed to be an individual and have your own ways of thinking and viewing. When I am defending myself, I am defending the voices of those who share similar stories to mine, that may not have found the strength within themselves yet to speak up. Standing up for myself shows others that it is "okay to not be okay" and it's okay to have a voice."

"When I am defending myself, I am defending my right to my bodily autonomy, and I am defending my right to say 'no.' I am also defending any and every girl the attacker might target in the future."

"My right to exist as a human in the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment